Granola Smoothie Bowl
This yummy smoothie bowl recipe is the perfect way to enjoy a vegan-friendly breakfast on a spring-summer morning. Having this breakfast will give you the nutritional boost needed to start a productive day. On my travels in Bali, I decided to order my first ever smoothie bowl, I was amazed how a cold blend of berries and milk can imitate the exact taste of a fruity ice-cream, it was as if I was having dessert for breakfast!
When it comes to toppings I found that adding granola with fruit is a great way to add texture and extra flavour to your smoothie bowl. In this recipe I will also be showing you how to make my easy, low calorie and low sugar granola.
· 1/2 Frozen banana
· 1 Frozen beetroot
· 1 Cup Frozen mixed berries
· Handful of spinach (optional)
· 4 Tbsp of Almond milk or non-dairy milk of choice (add more if required)
· 1 Cup rolled oats
· 1/2 Cup melted coconut oil
· Handful of pumpkin seeds
· 3 Tbsp of desiccated coconut
· 2 Pinches of pink salt (or natural salt)
· 2 Tbsp of honey (vegan alternative: maple syrup)
· Desiccated coconut
Method | Prep: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line sheet pan with baking paper.
2. In a bowl add oats, pumpkin seeds, salt, coconut, honey, and mix until well combined. Using a spoon evenly spread granola onto sheet pan.
3. Bake granola for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and set aside to cool down.
4. In a blender add berries, beetroot, banana, spinach, almond milk and lightly blend till smoothie has formed a sorbet-like consistency *if the smoothie is not blending, in small amounts add milk and shake blender.
5. Scoop smoothie into a bowl. Add toppings and serve. *Any leftover granola can be stored in an air-sealed container/bag and consumed within 4-6 months.
#granola #fruit #healthy #smoothie #smoothiebowl #granolasmoothiebowl #strawberry #vegan #veganrecipe #foodpost