Teriyaki Salmon Bites
For as long as I can remember salmon has always been my go-to fish meal. There is just something about the meaty texture of salmon on a bed of fluffy rice. This dish that I have created combines my love for salmon with my love for Asian food using staple aromatics often found in Asian cuisine.
In this recipe I will be showing you how to make my surprisingly easy one-pot sweet yet sour, sticky, garlicky, gingery, teriyaki bites of salmon deliciousness. This dish can be enjoyed with either rice, noodles, or even by itself as an appetizer.
Ingredients | serves 2-3 people
2 Boneless salmon fillets
3 Minced garlic cloves
Minced thumb of ginger
30ml dark soy sauce
1 tbsp Chilli flakes (Adjust to heat preference)
3 Heaping tbsp honey
Pinch of salt and pepper
Cooking oil of choice
Method | Prep: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
1. Rinse and pat dry salmon with a kitchen towel. Using a sharp knife cut salmon into large-sized cubes. Place cubed salmon into a bowl then season with salt and pepper. Set salmon aside to prepare the teriyaki marinade.
2. In a bowl mix soy sauce, honey and chilli flakes together until fully combined then set aside marinade.
3. Heat nonstick pan on medium-low and lightly cover pan with oil. Fry minced garlic and ginger till slightly brown.
4. Increase pan to medium-high heat and add the marinade. Cook Marinade until sauce thickens.
5. Add Salmon flesh side down to the pan. After 5 minutes turn salmon around skin side down. Using a spoon coat salmon with the sauce created in the pan. *If sauce has become too thick add water to loosen it up.
6. Squeeze lime onto salmon then place lid on pan and allow it to fry for an additional 5 minutes or until salmon is cooked to your liking.
7. Serve salmon over noodles or on kebab sticks and add garnish.
#salmon #sesame #teriyaki #teriyakisalmon #bites #chilli #foodpost