This is my super easy, super simple chocolate Oreo tart, the best thing about this tart is that it requires no baking! The rich and smooth chocolate ganache paired with the crunchy Oreo base is simply a match made in heaven. If you are a massive chocolate lover and you are big on dessert's this one is defiantly for you.
Ingredients | Serves 8
160ml heavy cream
40ml Salted butter
100g Milk chocolate
100g Dark chocolate
Pinch of salt (optional)
3-4 Oreos for topping
*Please note: you will need a 24x3 (or medium size) detachable bottom pastry tin.
Method | Prep: 30 minutes | Set time: 4-5 hours
1. In a food processor blend 28 Oreos until fully crushed. Add melted butter and further blend until butter is fully combined. *If you do not have a food processor crush Oreos in a bag with melted butter.
2. Transfer Oreo crumbs into pastry tin. Use the back end of a spoon to evenly press Oreos into tin. Place base in the fridge to set.
3. Using a sharp knife cut milk chocolate and dark chocolate into small chunks then transfer into a bowl.
4. In a pot heat butter and heavy cream on high heat until it starts to boil. Pour cream into the bowl of chocolate and leave it to sit for 2 minutes. *At this point you can add a pinch of salt as it enhances the flavor of the chocolate.
5. Using a spoon mix cream into the chocolate until it has fully melted.
6. Remove the base from the fridge and pour filling until it has evenly coated base. Break up pieces of Oreo and place them on top of the tart. Place tart in the fridge for 4-5 hours or until fully set.
7. Once Oreo tart has set carefully remove the tin casing and cut a generous slice to serve!
Tip: Heat a knife in boiling water to help cut the perfect slice.